This week we tried another recipe out of "Enjoy Life's Cookies for Everyone". These were delicious and super fun to make with the kiddos.
*2/3 cup sugar
*1/2 cup shortening (we used butter)
*2 tsps. vanilla extract
*1/2 cup tapioca flour
*1 cup white rice flour (we used brown rice flour)
*1 tsp. baking powder
*1/4 tsp. salt
*3 TBSP milk (or safe alternative)
*1 cup GF rolled oats
*1 cup jam
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. To make the cookies: With a mixer, partially combine the sugar, shortening, and vanilla. Add in the dry ingredients. Mix on low while slowly adding in the milk.
3. The dough should look smooth but not firm. You should be able to pinch off a piece and roll it into a soft ball without it sticking too much to your hands. If the dough appears watery, add in 1 TBSP powdered sugar at a time until the dough reaches the correct consistency. If the dough is too dry, add 1 tsp. of milk (or alternative).
4. Pinch off about 1 TBSP of dough and roll into balls. Set aside.
5. To make the topping: In a food processor or coffee grinder, grind the oats into a coarse consistency like oat bran. Place in shallow bowl.
6. Roll dough balls in the oats and coat well. Place coated balls on a baking sheet. Using your thumb or two fingers, create a shallow, even indentation in each ball. Fill with about 1 tsp. of jam.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until edges are golden. Let cool for about 10 minutes on baking sheet before removing to a flat surface to cool completely.
Post a Comment